We love to try new things to eat in our home. I’m usually the one who cooks the fancier meals in our home because it has been anonymously decided that I’m the better cook in our home. I have been getting these whole chickens from the grocery store because they are cheaper to get to feed our family of five. I typically cook them a different way than this, but Crystal requested that I make these two with brown sugar and pineapple. I decided to go ahead and try it and it turned out completely delicious. As a result, I’m eager to share with you this new recipe that will be one I’m confident you’ll want to add to your menu plans often. These two simple sweet pineapple whole chickens lasted us through two meals with homemade mashed potatoes, rolls, and vegetables.
Simple Sweet Pineapple Whole Chicken Recipe
This Simple Sweet Pineapple Whole Chicken Recipe will become a family favorite for sure. It's simple to make and super delicious that young and old alike will savor eating every bit.
- 4.5 sticks of butter
- Whole bag of light brown sugar
- 2 whole chickens
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- Aluminum foil
- Big roasting pan
- Preheated oven at 300 degrees
- Cover the top and bottom of your roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt 2.5 sticks of butter and mix it with 1 cup of light brown sugar together in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix whole can of pineapple juice and 1.5 cups of light brown sugar until you make a thick like paste.
- Cover the whole chicken with it using your hands to create a thin layer on it. Also add some of pineapples inside the chicken too.
- Stuff each whole chicken with a stick of butter.
- Cover the whole chickens with left over pineapples. Stuff their arm pits with remaining butter. Cover them with them with the brown sugar paste you made.
- Cook in oven for five hours. Check on it every two hours to start then every thirty minutes.
- **Note: You can cook it at a higher temperature to get it done faster, but I like to slowly cook my food.
This recipe is created and shared by Sharing Life's Moments. All copyrights have been reserved for it.
I hope your family likes this Simple Sweet Pineapple Whole Chicken Recipe as much as ours does. It has quickly become a family favorite. It’s nice knowing that I can feed all of my family young and old alike with a meal that they all savor.
What is your favorite whole chicken recipe?