I was compensated for my time sharing this product with you and hosting this giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are still my own.
One of the common issues that many homeschooling families face is how to teach high school science courses. I know that when my niece was starting out with her homeschooling high school journey, I was concerned with us being able to find homeschool science online courses for her to take. We did find all the ones she needed. It was a struggle to help her get through them because they weren’t engaging and were primarily textbook-based. If you have found your self with this same issue…
Boy, do I have good news for you! College Prep Science offers homeschool science, online classes, for high school students. They offer all of the science courses a high schooler needs/wants to take during their four-year educational journey. College Prep Science offers live, Christ-centered, online science classes for 6th-12th graders.
About College Prep Science
Greg Landry is a college professor who turned into being a homeschooled teacher for over 20 years. He is also a homeschool dad. He has also done loads of research throughout his career life. He felt that he could combine his love of God and teaching science together to create online homeschool science courses.
The mission of College Prep Science:
The thrust of “College Prep Science” is to give homeschooled students access to high level science that is focused on scientific inquiry, critical thinking, process reasoning, data collection, and the graphical and written representation of research.– Greg Landry
College Prep Science is Christ-centered courses with an emphasis on helping students to think critically. All students are welcome to attend these courses, but parents do need to know that there will be talking about God throughout the courses.
College Prep Science offers the primary homeschool science online science courses all high-school students may want to take. He has created a homeschool online science classes for his students. Each week there are live classes that students can attend or listen to the recordings at their leisure. The students are given detailed assignments to do each week. All courses come complete with an online lab with assignments. Students are given full grades from their teachers.
Basically, this is like a dream come true for parents who are like me and not overly thrilled with the idea of having to teach high-school science.
Homeschool Science Online Courses Offered
College Prep Science offers a long list of courses. Below are all of the courses offered:
- Biology – College Prep (9th-12th)
- Life Prep Biology (8th-12th)
- Chemistry – College Prep (10th-12th)
- Life Prep Chemistry (9th-12th)
- Physics – College Prep (10th-12th)
- Life Prep Physics (9th-12th)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (9th-12th)
- Exercise and Sports Physiology (8th-12th)
- Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (6th-9th)
- Pre-Chemistry (6th-9th)
- Pre-Biology (6th-9th)
- Pre-Physics (6th-9th)
- Forensic Science & Human Anatomy (8th-12th)
- Embryology – The Magnificence of Human Development (9th-12th)
- Introduction to Biochemistry / Microbiology (9th-12th)
The tuition fee to attend one semester is $340. The tuition fee to attend the two-semester is $680. As a reader of this blog, you can take advantage of an 8% discount if you sign up by August 30, 2019.
Some of the other things that Greg is working on launching in August include:
- Podcast called Homeschool Moms Science Podcast geared toward helping homeschool moms to teach science.
- Homeschool Science Research Journal for Homeschooled 8th-12th grade students.
- Homeschool Science Art Journal for Homeschooled 8th-12th grade students.
Enter To Win!
College Prep Science is offering a giveaway of an online science class ($680 value.) One winner will be announced in his newsletter on August 30, 2019. That winner will choose from one of these classes:
- College Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- Life Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- College Prep Chemistry (grades 9-12)
- Life Prep Chemistry (grades 8-12)
- College Prep Physics (grades 10-12)
- Life Prep Physics (grades 9-12)
- Pre-Biology and Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (grades 6-9)
- Exercises & Sports Physiology and Forensic Science (grades 8-12)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (grades 9-12)
Since these are online classes, anyone in the world is eligible to win. To enter for your chance to win CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW.
Overall, I feel these are courses worth adding to your homeschool schedule. These homeschool online science courses will make the homeschool parent’s lives easier and your students will have the opportunity to make new connections too.