This post may contain affiliate links and/or it may have been sponsored content. Please view our policy page for more details.
The holiday season is one filled with loads of stress of all kinds. For some people, the holiday season is filled with magical memories and wonderful memory-making opportunities; whereas, for others, it is a time when life is filled with heartache and despair. One of the first things to go is one's desire to live a healthy lifestyle. I figured it was a good time to share 41 health tips to get through the holidays and life.
41 Health Tips
- Most people are dehydrated (especially in winter areas where you have to heat your home) so do drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Inhaling and drinking a cup of black coffee can help stop mild asthma attacks before they get worse.
- If water makes you gag, add a slice of lemon or lime. Stick with trying to drink 1 glass a day for 22 days (21 days=new habits).
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty. Otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” ~ Buddha
- If you’ve never had surgery, avoid cosmetic procedures until you know if your body reacts abnormally to scarring.
- If your child is putting on unnecessary weight, look to your own cooking and feeding habits. Lead by example.
- If your child needs to control their weight, start exercising with him – but call it “play” – not “exercise”.
- “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- Never put a child on a diet. Instead, focus on slowing weight gain until she grows into the weight she is now.
- If you hate water, start with 1 glass then make the next 5 soda water. As you get used to water, start cutting down on the soda.
- Step away from the computer. Go do some stretches. NOW!
- Instead of that second cup of coffee, wait 10 minutes; then have a glass of water.
- Human beings are like car batteries: we start short-circuiting and run out of steam if we don’t keep topped up with water.
- To cut down on weight gain from alcohol during the party season, try dry white wine spritzers made with soda water.
- Did you know that the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories, when it comes to wine?
- Red wines slow your metabolism down more than white wines due to a higher alcohol count.
- People who are too rooted in habit are using the same worn neural pathways. Exercise your brain by doing new things.
- If you seem to have low immunity, get your folic acid checked and take it as a supplement.
- If you avoid carbs for at least an hour after exercise, your body is forced to burn fat. (Share with your low carb friends.)
- Install an air filter in your home if you have pet allergies. And be sure to let someone else brush him – outside!
- The food you eat can affect bladder health. Be sure that fresh fruit is a part of your diet – your bladder will thank you.
- Everyone knows about cranberries being good for your bladder – but did you also know pears can help too? (They balance acidity.)
- “Eating good yogurt can improve bladder health by strengthening cells and helping balance acidity.
- Hand-washing is never a “suggestion”. Wash thoroughly with soap and scrub for at least fifteen seconds before rinsing thoroughly.
- If you frequently end up with bladder infections, cut irritants such as caffeine, spicy foods and acidic foods from your diet.
- Avoid sunscreens with a citrus or coconut scent: This can indicate the presence of psoralen, which speeds up aging!
- If you have asthma, choose aerobic (endurance-building) forms of exercise rather than anaerobic (e.g. sprinting).
- If you need to carry an Epipen, make sure you always carry at least 2 (1 is rarely enough). And keep them current.
- If something is not working in your life, get rid of it. The results will be less stress and better health.
- Whether or not you opt for a low-carb diet, starchy or sugary foods should make up no more than 1/3 of your daily food intake.
- Our foods and diets are no longer “pure”. It’s now essential to supplement with vitamin D in the winter and Omega 3/DHA all year round.
- Not only does smoking age your skin, but it also causes cataracts, macular degeneration, and optic nerve damage.
- Be eye-smart: Winter or summer, use sunglasses that block out 99-100% of both UV-A and UV-B radiation.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly when taking out or putting in your contact lenses. (How many do that, do you think?)
- “Your body hears everything your mind says.” ~ Naomi Judd
- Did you know that being overweight puts every system at risk – including your eyes? Diabetic glaucoma is one of those risks.
- Let’s beat insomnia! Cut off caffeine drinks by 2pm and go to bed instantly when tired – don’t wait.
- “Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” ~ Ralph Marston
- Strive to maintain a solid posture. The QiPillow that I got to review is a perfect companion to help you make that happen. Unlike your typical pillows, the QiPillow is adjusted by air to accommodate your needs. It has a nice soft texture too. You won't regret giving it a try yourself.
Talk to me in the comments, please:
What would you add to list?