While there are various advantages to installing an indoor water fountain in your business or home, it is possible to summarize them under four general headings.
The Beautification Of The Premises
The beautification of premises refers to the aesthetic appeal that the artistically designed water fountain adds to the home decor, as well as its ability to blend in with the different interior home decorating schemes.
The Increased Property Value
An increased property value can be seen when indoor water fountains are installed correctly and immediately increase the home’s market value. If you plan on relocation to a new residence someday, the appearance of an indoor fountain in a home can be a major selling point.
The Improved Air Quality
Indoor air quality can be greatly improved using fountains in two separate ways. Firstly, the fountain can act as a humidifier benefiting both plants and people, or the fountain could naturally purify the air of harmful negative ions and dust.
The Soothing Water Sounds
The sound of gently moving water can be highly therapeutic. Churning, pouring, gurgling, and steadily flowing water can be highly relaxing to listen to and can serve as a method of drowning out undesirable background noise.
What Are The Different Types Of Indoor Water Fountains?
On an individual level, all fountains are highly unique and diverse. There are, however, according to Luxe Water Walls there are three primary classifications that nearly all indoor fountains will fall into.
The Tabletop Fountain
The tabletop fountain is a relatively compact portable fountain available in a plethora of shapes with artistic designs. This type of fountain is less costly than the floor and wall fountain and can fit easily on counter tops, tabletops, and other space-restricted locations. The majority of these fountains contain LED lights with mini waterfalls; as well as ceramic bowls, driftwood, bamboo, clay jars, and stacks of smooth stones being incorporated into the fountain design. Other common features can include downward water movements, step-by-step water movements, carvings of animals or people, and candle arrangements.
The Wall Fountain
The wall fountain is potentially the most expensive of all indoor fountain types, but it has a great deal to offer to verify the increased investment. A wall fountain is a flat-backed and mounted item built into the structure of the supporting wall. The fountains are available in three main framing designs including the horizontal rectangle, the upright rectangle, and the square. It is common for this type of design to be as large as twelve feet across with water cascading down the surface, which is formed using glass, stone, copper, aluminum, mosaic tiles, or wood. The wall of continuously flowing water is utilized to imitate the appearance of waterfalls in most models.
Common design features for the wall fountains include:
- nature scenes including single trees, forests, fish and ocean life, butterflies and birds, panoramic landscapes, ridges and canyons.
- abstract, impressionist art or modern arrangements including bold, bright colors with strong colored contrasts. In some cases, you will notice specific paintings replicated, such as Water Lilies by Monet.
- galactic scenes including swirling balls of light and fire presented with intense dark backgrounds to mimic planets, comets, and stars in the depths of space.
- cityscapes including major metro zones, such as Chicago or New York, depicting real-life skyscrapers, landmarks, and individual city settings.
- cultural displays, typically Japanese, Amerindian, or Chinese in nature. In some cases, the specific geographic location of the cultural people will be represented as well.
- photograph fountains allow you to personalize the scene using two, three or more personal photographs.
The Floor Fountain
The floor fountain is a free-standing type of fountain that does not require installation, but is quite similar to wall fountains in other respects. Similar to wall fountains, the floor fountain sends water cascading over large, rectangular surfaces using the same materials as wall fountains including glass mirrors, stone, and copper. However, the floor fountains are unlike wall fountains in that they are three-dimensional and can act as a room display.
The variety of floor fountains are numerous and much like outdoor fountains ranging from catch basins, towers, and pedestals to figurines of men, angels, and lions. One unique type of wall fountain is the bubble chamber option. This type of fountain provides dazzling lighting along a separate street of bubbles increasing the enjoyment of the item.
How Can I Select The Indoor Fountain?
Given the large selection of indoor water fountains available, a shopper needs to be prepared to choose the ideal indoor fountain based on certain criteria.
Some of the criteria can include the following points:
- question if there is adequate space in the house for the chosen fountain and consider if it will look inappropriately small or overwhelming large in the room.
- question if the tabletop or floor fountain will create problems with small children or pets drinking from it.
- consider if the fountain complements current decorative design styles in the home or will the room need to be redecorated to fit the fountain’s style.
Where Can I Find The Best Indoor Fountains Available?
While the majority of home improvement outlets carry small numbers of lower quality indoor fountains, online shopping will open a huge range of options and access to top-tier workmanship. For example, Fountains.com present with a large stock of hand-made, custom-made, and ready-made fountain options at highly competitive prices.
Talk to me in the comments, please:
What are some other things we should know about indoor fountains?